There’s something new on Wishing For Horses! Have you noticed the new D.I.Y. section? Lovely isn’t it!
There are quite a few quick and easy projects from the archives, so check them out! Also, stay tunes to the page for new projects coming soon!
It’s been ages since we made something hasn’t it? Let’s get our crafting groove going again with this simple origami butterfly.
You will need:
This PDF template: Butterfly template
2 Clothes pins
String or Embroidery Floss
1. Print the PDF, and cut out the template. You can size it however you’d like.
2. Use the template to trace the shape into decorative paper. I used a photocopy of a favorite book page.
3. Fold the paper lengthwise and crease the fold.
4. With the paper pattern facing up, begin to fold the paper into an accordion or fan fold, using the center line as a centering guide.
5. Fold the entire paper all the way up.
6. Gather the folded paper and hold it with two clothes pins
7. Tie the center with string or decorative ribbon.
8. Remove the clothes pins.
9. Gently fan the wings up and out to create the shape.
10. Attach to packages, or hang from strings. Pretty!
This site has a little bit of everything if you are a design junkie like me. Party styling ideas, wedding ideas, city travel guides, recipes and, craft projects.
My all time favorite thing is the “Living In” series.
Think about your favorite movies. Have you ever thought, “I’d love to have those earrings or that chaise long.” You can take those elements of style you so admire from the movie and make them yours.
Even if you’re not in a shopping mood the “Living In” series is drool worthy.
Now if only they would do “Living In” Stealing Beauty. *ahem*